Work with us
QVH employs around 900 people at its hospital site in East Grinstead. Working at QVH provides an opportunity to develop your career and we offer a comprehensive training and development programme so that all employees can realise their full potential.
Details of current vacancies are listed on the NHS jobs website.
Pay and conditions
The NHS pay system, known as Agenda for Change (AfC), applies to all staff except doctors, dentists, and very senior managers. Benefits include:
- a standard working week of 37.5 hours
- pay enhancements to reward out of hours, shift and overtime working
- holiday entitlement of 27 days a year, plus eight general and public holidays (rising to 33 days after ten years of service)
- annual personal development reviews to support career aspirations.
QVH follows the NHS 'Improving Working Lives' standard. This means that all staff are offered flexible, supportive and family friendly working arrangements to improve equality and diversity and to develop their skills to improve patient services. Benefits for QVH staff include:
- NHS pension scheme – see www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/pensions for more details
- occupational sickness benefit and ill health retirement benefit
- generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- childcare voucher scheme
- occupational health service
- on-site restaurant and cafe
- staff discounts.
At QVH we offer a progressive flexible working policy, which enables staff to meet changing priorities throughout their career and maintain a positive work-life balance. Flexible working options include flexible hours and working practices and family friendly policies, such as carers' leave career breaks.
The staff bank is happy to receive applications from trained nurses, healthcare assistants and admin personnel in preparation for future recruitment drives within the department. Please contact the staff bank for further information on 01342 414454.