Senior Independent Director
Gary Needle joined the Board in July 2017.
He has over 35 years experience in health care executive management including posts as a chief executive in Brighton and Hove and as a director at the national quality inspectorate. He has recently returned to the UK from Qatar, where he was Director of Planning for the national health care system. Gary is a Trustee at East Grinstead Sports Club Ltd and will be Chair of the club trustees from December 2017.
From October to November 2021 Gary was Acting Chair following the retirement of Beryl Hobson, the Trust’s previous Chair.
At QVH, Gary chairs the Charity Committee and sits on the Quality and Governance Committee.
Board of directors
- Jackie Smith, Chair
- Tony Chambers, Interim Chief Executive
- Miss Tania Cubison, Medical Director
- Nicky Reeves, Chief Nurse
- Stuart Rees, Interim Chief Finance Officer
- Gary Needle, Senior Independent Director
- Paul Dillon-Robinson, Non-Executive Director
- Karen Norman, Non-Executive Director
- Kevin Gould, Non-Executive Director
- Shane Morrison-McCabe, Director of Operations (non-voting director)
- Lawrence Anderson, Interim Director of Workforce & Organisational Development (non-voting director)
- Clare Pirie, Director of Communications & Corporate Affairs (non-voting director)
- Abigail Jago, Director of Strategy and Partnerships (non-voting director)