Professor Karen Norman
Karen Norman (DMan, MA, BSc (Hons), RSCN, RGN) joined the board in April 2019 and chairs the Quality and Governance Committee.
She has worked in healthcare for 40 years in both the public and private sectors in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Gibraltar. She has 20 years’ experience as an Executive Director at board level, as Gibraltar’s Chief Nursing Officer, and was Director of Nursing and Clinical Governance at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust from 1993-2004. She has also worked as a management consultant for Crosby Associates, an American quality management company.
Karen currently works as visiting professor, faculty member and research supervisor on the Doctorate in Management Programme at the University of Hertfordshire, and also as visiting professor at Kingston University and St George’s, University of London, in the School of Nursing.
As co-author of three healthcare textbooks, she has shared her learning and contributed to the nursing profession through publications and presentations at conferences worldwide.
Board of directors
- Jackie Smith, Chair
- Tony Chambers, Interim Chief Executive
- Miss Tania Cubison, Medical Director
- Nicky Reeves, Chief Nurse
- Stuart Rees, Interim Chief Finance Officer
- Gary Needle, Senior Independent Director
- Paul Dillon-Robinson, Non-Executive Director
- Karen Norman, Non-Executive Director
- Kevin Gould, Non-Executive Director
- Shane Morrison-McCabe, Director of Operations (non-voting director)
- Lawrence Anderson, Interim Director of Workforce & Organisational Development (non-voting director)
- Clare Pirie, Director of Communications & Corporate Affairs (non-voting director)
- Abigail Jago, Director of Strategy and Partnerships (non-voting director)