Director of Operations (non-voting Director)
Shane Morrison-McCabe joined the Trust in March 2022 from Medway Maritime Hospital where she was divisional director of operations.
Shane’s NHS career began when she trained as a Registered General Nurse from 1985 to 1988. Since then, she has developed a wealth of experience over 37 years, working across a range of acute hospitals, a tertiary specialist orthopaedic hospital, community providers and commissioning organisations. She has worked at senior management level including Board positions in an acute trust and primary care trust.
Shane is passionate about the NHS particularly using research to improve treatments and outcomes for patients. She firmly believes that valuing staff ensures the sustainability of services and Shane is keen to enable successful recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce at all levels.
As director of operations at QVH, Shane is responsible for the leadership, management, planning and operational delivery of surgical and clinical specialities as well as developing effective internal and external working relationships.
Board of directors
- Jackie Smith, Chair
- Tony Chambers, Interim Chief Executive
- Miss Tania Cubison, Medical Director
- Nicky Reeves, Chief Nurse
- Stuart Rees, Interim Chief Finance Officer
- Gary Needle, Senior Independent Director
- Paul Dillon-Robinson, Non-Executive Director
- Karen Norman, Non-Executive Director
- Kevin Gould, Non-Executive Director
- Shane Morrison-McCabe, Director of Operations (non-voting director)
- Lawrence Anderson, Interim Director of Workforce & Organisational Development (non-voting director)
- Clare Pirie, Director of Communications & Corporate Affairs (non-voting director)
- Abigail Jago, Director of Strategy and Partnerships (non-voting director)