How to feed back

We like to know what our patients and visitors think of their experience at QVH so that we can continue improving their experience in the future. There are different ways you can tell us what you think we are doing well and what we could do better.


We strive to do our best for all the patients in our care, but sometimes patients may be unhappy about some aspects of their experience. We take all concerns raised very seriously. If you are not happy with your care or experience, please tell the person in charge of the ward or department as soon as possible. They will be happy to help if they can but if you still have concerns you can also contact PALS.

If your query or problem is not resolved and you wish to make a formal complaint, please email our Complaints Manager at Alternatively you may write directly to the Chief Executive at Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Holtye Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19 3DZ.

Online comments

Please e-mail us at Please do not send referrals to this email address.

You can also give your feedback on the QVH page on the Care Opinion website, the national  website, which has details on all the hospitals in the country.

Written comments

Written comments can be made through the ‘Your hospital, your feedback’ postcards and comment boxes that are available around the site or by writing to us at the address on the contact us page.


The Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) is a free, independent and confidential service for anyone who would like help, advice, information or support or who may have a concern about their care.

To speak to QVH PALS or to arrange a meeting please e-mail


Sometimes we ask patients and visitors to take a few moments to fill out a survey while waiting for an appointment, once discharged from our care, or while using our facilities. We use this information to help improve our services, our facilities and to train our staff.

Sometimes other NHS organisations ask patients to fill out a survey after they have been treated at QVH. This information not only helps us to improve our services it also lets us know how we compare to other NHS organisations.

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and adult social care services in England. They license health care providers. While they cannot investigate individual complaints, they are interested to hear your feedback and you can raise concerns with them about the care provided at QVH. You can contact them via

CQC literature on complaints and standards

It's important you tell us what you think about our services

It's important you tell us what you think about our services

Adult inpatient survey - your views needed

Adult inpatient survey - your views needed

If you have been an inpatient, admitted to Queen Victoria Hospital for a minimum of one night, you may soon be contacted and asked your views on various aspects of your care as part of the national Adult Inpatient Survey.