Careers at QVH
If you have reached this page then you are thinking about your career and what really drives you.
For people in our team here at QVH, it’s about having the opportunity to know that you are empowered and supported to make a real difference to people’s lives, every day, whether you are working face to face with patients or in one of the many other roles that are essential in a twenty-first century hospital.
It’s about having access to well-resourced high quality training, and then being given the time and support to practise new skills.
We know that moving jobs comes with a cost. Many applicants will qualify for our relocation package, and we have launched a “New Starter Premium” of £1,500 specifically for registered nurses and operating theatre practitioners.
VIEW ALL OUR CURRENT VACANCIES
The working experience here is not the same as you might find in a typical district general hospital. We are a small, specialist surgical hospital with a heritage in pioneering surgery that we are all proud of, and where being thanked by patients and their families for the high-quality care and personal attention they have been given happens every day.
If you come to visit us, you will see the range of specialist and cutting-edge surgery you can be part of, experience at first-hand the personal development and specialist skills training we provide and grasp how you can really get things done, and done well.
Come and join us and our friendly team, and find a job that truly drives you.
We think the best people to tell you what it’s like to work at the Queen Victoria Hospital are our team. If you are driven by the same things as they are, then you need to join our team!
“Moving to a new hospital was a big change, but the trust made it as easy as possible for me” Julie, children’s ward matron
We don’t want applying for a job to take time out of your already busy day, so simply create an account and review and submit your application. You can also contact the recruitment team through this system if you need to.
Pay and conditions
“I love my job because no two days are the same and I am always learning – QVH really believes in supporting personal development.” Clare, corporate services.
The national NHS pay system, known as Agenda for Change (AfC), applies to all staff except doctors, dentists, and very senior managers. Benefits include:
- a standard working week of 37.5 hours
- pay enhancements to reward out of hours, shift and overtime working
- holiday entitlement of 27 days a year, plus eight general and public holidays (rising to 33 days after ten years of service)
- NHS pension scheme – see www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/pensions for more details
- occupational sickness benefit and ill health retirement benefit
Benefits specifically for our QVH staff also include:
- a £1,500 new starter premium for registered nurses and operating theatre practitioners
- tailored personal development to support career aspirations, including accredited clinical and management development programmes
- flexible working arrangements for a work-life balance that suits you and your needs
- generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- tax relief on costs such as buying a bike or home computer equipment
- a dedicated Reward service, offering a range of national and local discounts and cashback
- on-site restaurant and cafe
- a quality assured occupational health service
- Employee Assistance Programme offering a wide range of specialist advice and support 24/7
- regular staff awards recognising outstanding personal and team efforts
“I call it a bit of an oasis in the NHS” Bex, critical care nurse
We believe that your job should change as your life does, helping you to maintain a positive work-life balance. That’s why we’re happy to talk to you about flexible hours and family friendly policies, such as carers’ leave career breaks.
Join our bank staff team
To enquire about bank administration and clerical positions (including general administration, medical secretarial, specialised administration), bank healthcare assistants and bank nurses please call: 01342 414454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To enquire about opportunities for work placements at the trust please email: email@example.com
Where we are
“We’re a smaller hospital, with a big heart.” David, operating department practitioner
Unlike many other hospitals, we’re full of green spaces to encourage you to get outside and enjoy the countryside. Just a short walk from town, QVH is well served by public transport. Access to designated on-site staff parking areas is via a permit.
Sport: The hospital has a tennis/football pitch and its own cricket and netball team. Discounted membership is also available at local health clubs.
Schools: The area is well served with local education authority primary (5-11 years) and secondary schools (11-18 years). Each residential area has its own primary school which feeds into the secondary schools (Imberhorne or Sackville). There are also several private schools in and around East Grinstead.
Our values are humanity, continuous improvement of care and pride, under-pinned by quality.
Special feature: nursing and theatre vacancies
If you’re looking for a role working in nursing or theatres where you can make a real difference, you can find that here at QVH.