Why refer to QVH
- QVH is one of the largest centres for reconstructive and head and neck surgery in the country and the leading provider of these specialist services for the south east region.
- Our surgical, anaesthetic, nursing and rehabilitation teams are expert in the treatment of complex and high-risk trauma, disease and disfigurement.
- Our specialties include the treatment of major burns, skin cancer and complex hand trauma and dysfunction; breast reconstruction following cancer; corneo and oculoplastic surgery and complex maxillofacial surgery including head and neck cancer.
- We also provides first class community medical services for our local population at our East Grinstead site.
- QVH is committed to providing a cost effective range of services with demonstrable clinical outcomes. We work with referral and PCT guidelines as agreed with commissioners.
Access to services
- Our leading consultant teams hold clinics at our hospital site in East Grinstead, West Sussex, and at a wide network of other sites across the South East Coast region.
- QVH has consistently achieved government targets for waiting times for cancer, emergency and planned services.
Safety and quality
- We routinely and robustly audit our service delivery and outcome measures against standard and specific safety and quality metrics.
- QVH has consistently low rates of hospital acquired infections including MRSA bacteraemia and C.difficile.
- The overall rating for QVH is five stars on the NHS Choices website
- National patient survey results consistently rate QVH among the best providers of acute care in the country.