PALS, Complaints and support
Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS)
PALS is a free, independent and confidential service for anyone who would like help, advice, information or support or who may have a concern about their care.
To speak to QVH PALS or to arrange a meeting, please call 01342 414355 or e-mail email@example.com.
Please click here for more information about how to make a complaint
Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre and other support groups
QVH is fortunate to have the assistance of several groups which provide support to our patients, their families and carers. These include:
- Macmillan Cancer Support improves the lives of people affected by cancer. They ensure that people affected by cancer have access to good quality, comprehensive and appropriate information and support. Macmillan and QVH now offer an information and support centre at the QVH site in East Grinstead. The service is available to anyone affected by cancer, not just QVH patients. We can be contacted on 01342 414369. You can also visit www.macmillan.org.uk.
- The McIndoe Burns Support Group offers the opportunity for people with burns to speak to others with similar experiences. It meets three times a year here at the hospital, usually consisting of an activity, with refreshments. The meetings are informal with the option of gaining information on scar management, diet, psychological help, whilst offering the chance to chat and share experiences. Find out more about the group and the next events here. The group can be contacted via the burns unit or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Headstart is a resource for QVH patients with head and neck cancers, their carers and professionals. Its aim is to provide an opportunity for people to meet in a relaxed and supportive environment, share experiences and contribute to training sessions for nurses.
- Changing Faces is a national charity that supports and represents people who have disfigurements to the face, hands and body from any cause. They provide personal support for children, adults and families and work with employers and professionals towards a culture of inclusion for people with disfigurements. For more information call 0845 4500 275 or visit www.changingfaces.org.uk.
- Breast reconstruction show and tell information events Our team provide information and support to ladies considering or going through breast reconstruction due to breast cancer or with a genetic mutation diagnosis. We run regular ‘Show & Tell’ events where you can meet women who have already had reconstructive surgery, see their results and ask questions about theiroperations. These are very informal events and will give you an opportunity, in a relaxed environment, to discuss any aspect of breast reconstruction. For more information please email email@example.com
For more information on the support available for patients, carers and families, please talk to the staff in the relevant department.