Your chance to nominate outstanding hospital staff
Tuesday 19th January 2021
Nominations have now closed. Thank you to everyone who took part.
Have you been a patient or visitor at our hospital during 2020 and received treatment or support from an outstanding member of staff? If so, we want to hear from you.
We (QVH) want to recognise and celebrate how staff across our hospital continued to support, treat and care for patients against the backdrop of a global pandemic. And we need your help.
Did a particular member of staff show you exceptional care and compassion? It could be the person who helped book your appointment or directed to you where you needed to go, through to the nurse, therapist or doctor who cared for you.
It only takes a minute to nominate a member of staff. If you can’t remember the full name of the person you want to choose please give as much detail as you can – what they looked like, their job etc. The deadline for submitting your nominations is midnight on Wednesday 10 February.
QVH chief executive Steve Jenkin said: “2020 was a year like no other for QVH and the NHS as a whole. What better opportunity to for us to recognise and thank our staff for going the extra mile than with the help of our patients. We are proud of the care and compassion our hospital is renowned for and it means a lot to the staff who are nominated to know that their work has made a real difference.”
Previous staff to be recognised for their outstanding patient experience include:
- Emergency nurse practitioner Gill McMurdie, who was praised for helping to save a patient’s life
- Breast reconstruction nurse specialists Rebecca Spencer and Pam Golton for being kind, caring, good listeners, totally dedicated, professional and giving good honest advice and reassurance to our breast cancer patients if they are worried about anything
- Consultant orthodontist Dr Lindsay Winchester, for transforming her patient from a withdrawn adolescent to a confident young woman who is now studying dentistry
- Consultant plastic surgeon Tania Cubison, who was nominated because she “changed the life” of one patient.
- Staff nurse, Lorraine Loosley, who was described by her nominee as “my real life Florence Nightingale” after the care and treatment she gave a patient in the hospital’s dressing clinic.
For more information please email the QVH Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.