Jackie Smith joined Queen Victoria Hospital as its Chair in July 2022.
Jackie has over 30 years of experience in regulation and law and has been in public service all of her working life. She spent 12 years in the Crown Prosecution Service before taking up a post at the General Medical Council regulating doctors. She moved from there to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) in August 2010 as the Director of Fitness to Practise.
In June 2012, Jackie became the Chief Executive of the NMC leading the organisation for more than six very successful years. Jackie left the NMC at the end of July 2018 and took up a role as a Non-Executive Director at Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust before becoming its Chair in February 2020. She continued as Chair, also taking on the role of Chair at Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust.
Jackie enjoys long-distance running and supporting numerous charities.
Board of directors
- Jackie Smith, Chair
- Tony Chambers, Interim Chief Executive
- Miss Tania Cubison, Medical Director
- Nicky Reeves, Chief Nurse
- Stuart Rees, Interim Chief Finance Officer
- Gary Needle, Senior Independent Director
- Paul Dillon-Robinson, Non-Executive Director
- Karen Norman, Non-Executive Director
- Kevin Gould, Non-Executive Director
- Shane Morrison-McCabe, Director of Operations (non-voting director)
- Lawrence Anderson, Interim Director of Workforce & Organisational Development (non-voting director)
- Clare Pirie, Director of Communications & Corporate Affairs (non-voting director)
- Abigail Jago, Director of Strategy and Partnerships (non-voting director)