QVH’s dietitians promote nutritional well-being, treat disease and prevent nutrition related problems, serving both QVH inpatients and the local community.
The team hold clinics in the community and in QVH outpatients and offer a weight management course based at Edenbridge Hospital and at QVH.
We can accept any referral that meets our referral criteria across the locality. The department will accept referrals for:
- Active inflammatory bowel disease
- Diabetes reviews
- Food intolerance/allergies
- Gastrointestinal disorders (IBS, diverticulitis, constipation, gall stones)
- Malnutrition (Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool score 2)
- Newly diagnosed diabetes, type 1 & 2
- Newly diagnosed coeliac disease
- Nutritional assessment
- Vitamins, minerals, supplements
- Weight management.
How to make a referral
To self-refer to our service please complete this form. The relevant form should be completed, scanned and returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post addressed to Nutrition & Dietetic Department, Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Holtye Road, East Grinstead, RH19 3DZ. A copy of our referral criteria can be found here.
Self-referral form for weight management
To qualify you must have a BMI of 30kg/m2 with no co-morbidities or a BMI of 28kg/m2 with co-morbidities (i.e. diabetes, heart disease, hyperlipidaemia). Please complete form and email to the team at email@example.com