QVH’s fully equipped and digitised radiology service sees over 25,000 patients each year from the local community as well as from within the hospital. Our radiologists have particular expertise in head, neck and musculoskeletal imaging.
Our services include:
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scanning
- CT (computer tomography) scanning
- ConeBeam CTscanner which local dentists can refer general dental patients to
- General and dental X-rays
- Specialised salivary gland service which includes stone removal and ductoplasty
- Musculoskeletal joint injection under ultrasound
- Barium examinations of the intestinal tract
- Video Fluoroscopy with a multi-disciplinary team of speech therapist, radiologist and radiographer
- Ultrasound scanning with colour Doppler (not maternity)
We are also an “Any Qualified Provider” (AQP) in Surrey,Sussex and Kent for the provision of non-obstetric ultrasound. This is a new provision to give GPs and patients more choice for their referral in relation to appointment times or locations, making it more convenient while reducing waiting times.
The radiology department operates Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm, with on call cover for emergency referrals. We carry out some MRI scans using a visiting mobile unit, enabling us to have short waiting times.
GPs can refer patients directly to QVH for imaging tests, including CT and MRI (which has a wait of no more than 3-4 weeks). If for any reason we are unable to accommodate referrals, we are able to arrange for them to be carried out at neighbouring NHS trusts.
If you have any queries about the radiology service at QVH, please contact Sarah Solanki, Radiology Service Manager on 01342 414429 or the consultant radiologists, Doctors Ian Francis and Lekha Chandrasekharan on 01342 414432.
QVH hosts specialist histopathology (the microscopic examination of body tissue) services which are national referral centres for skin and head and neck examinations.
Microbiology services (the study of micro-organisms such as viruses and bacteria) are provided by the team at BSUH, headed by Marc Cubbon.
Patient information leaflets
Radiology may use your images for teaching or research purposes, please inform the radiology department if you do not consent to this. Thank you.