Mr Sam Orkar
Consultant Plastic Surgeon
Specialist interests: Breast surgery including breast reconstruction and breast asymmetry, skin cancers, hand surgery and problem scars.
Kusu Samuel Orkar was appointed Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon at Queen Victoria Hospital on 1 July 2009.
Sam qualified at the University of Jos in Nigeria and was the best graduating student in his year. He completed the Nigerian and West African training in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery and worked as a Consultant General and Plastic surgeon in Nigeria. He undertook further training in Plastic Surgery in the UK at the Canniesburn Unit, Glasgow, St Andrews Centre for Plastic Surgery and Burns, Chelmsford, Queen Victoria Hospital and the McIndoe Surgical Centre both in East Grinstead.
Sam has done fellowships in breast/microsurgery, hand surgery and cosmetic surgery to further hone his skills.
Sam’s subspecialty interests are breast surgery including reconstruction, skin cancer, hand surgery and problem scars. Sam runs clinics at QVH and the Medway Maritime Hospital.
Sam is on the GMC specialist register for plastic surgery and is a member of BAPRAS and BAAPS
- BM BCh University of Jos, Nigeria
- FMCS(Nig) Fellow Medical College of Surgery, Nigeria
- FWACS (plast) Fellow West African College of Surgeons (plastic surgery)
- FRCS Ed Fellow Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- FRCSEd(Plast) Royal College of Surgeons Intercollegiate Fellow(plastic surgery)